Total signs agreements to explore Sengal's deepwater potential

17067371649 c619cf9448 kA Senegalese military boat off the coast of Senegal. (Image source: Commander US Naval Forces Europe/Africa/Flickr)Total and the Republic of Senegal have signed two agreements enabling Total to contribute to the exploration activities in Senegal’s deep and ultra-deep offshore

The first agreement involves an exploration and production sharing contract for the Rufisque Offshore Profond block, which covers an area of 10,357 sq km. Total will be the operator with a 90 per cent interest alongside Société Nationale des Pétroles du Sénégal (Petrosen), holding the remaining 10 per cent. 

Total also signed a cooperation agreement with Petrosen and Senegal’s Ministry of Energy and Renewable Energy Development under which Total will perform studies to assess the exploration potential of Senegal’s ultra-deep offshore and become operator of an exploration block.

“An established player in refining and marketing in Senegal, Total is delighted to expand its presence in the country in the exploration & production segment. These agreements are part of the Group’s strategy to carry out exploration activities in new deepwater basins in Africa and leverage our world-renowned expertise. Total is pleased to be bringing our know-how to the promising exploration zones in Senegal,” said Patrick Pouyanné, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Total, following his meeting with the President of the Republic of Senegal.

Alain Charles Publishing, University House, 11-13 Lower Grosvenor Place, London, SW1W 0EX, UK
T: +44 20 7834 7676, F: +44 20 7973 0076, W: www.alaincharles.com

twn Are you sure that you want to switch to desktop version?