Aminex raises Tanzania’s Ruvuma PSC gas resource estimate

gas-tanzniaAminex’s wholly-owned subsidiary Ndovu Resources holds a 75 per cent interest with Solo Oil owning the remaining 25 per cent. (Image source: Lindsey Gee/Flickr)Aminex’s interpretation of the newly acquired seismic data has extended the gas resource estimate of the Ntorya appraisal area at Tanzania’s Ruvuma production sharing contract (PSC) to 65bn cu/m

In 2012, the Ntorya discovery has been estimated to contain 34bn cu/m of discovered and undiscovered mean GIIP.

The new interpretation has shown that an additional target exists for an appraisal well that would intersect the Ntorya gas and condensate sands encountered in Ntorya-1 and an extension of the Lower Tertiary sands that were found to have oil and gas shows in the earlier Likonde-1 well to the north, according to the company.

The Likonde-1 well penetrated 97 metres of net sand with an average porosity of 17 per cent within a 316-metre gross Lower Tertiary sand sequence with hydrocarbon shows and a deeper Jurassic zone, containing 250 metres of stacked sandstones with extensive oil and gas shows.

The new seismic interpretation, using the recently acquired higher quality 2D seismic data, shows that the Likonde prospect comprises two distinct channel sands of which the southern channel extends over the mapped Ntorya Cretaceous gas sand. Ntorya-1, drilled in 2012, discovered a deeper Cretaceous gas sand that tested 566,337 cu/m with 139 barrels of associated condensate of 53 degree API condensate.

Jay Bhattacherjee, CEO at Aminex, said, “The results of the newly acquired 2014 seismic program continue to confirm the significant hydrocarbon potential of the Ruvuma PSC. Based on the detailed and ongoing evaluation of the new seismic and well data, we believe there is potential for a liquids play. This would add further value to the discovered gas that would have access to market via the Dar es Salaam-Mnazi Bay pipeline, which is on schedule to be completed by the year end and runs through our Ruvuma PSC.”

Alain Charles Publishing, University House, 11-13 Lower Grosvenor Place, London, SW1W 0EX, UK
T: +44 20 7834 7676, F: +44 20 7973 0076, W: www.alaincharles.com

twn Are you sure that you want to switch to desktop version?