BG Group hits more gas offshore Tanzania

offshore tanzania-Icethorn Wikimedia CommonsBG Group holds 60 per cent interest in Block 4, with Ophir Energy holding the remaining 40 per cent. (Image source: Icethorn/Wikimedia Commons)BG Group has announced that it has hit more gas on Block 4 offshore Tanzania

The UK-based gas company struck 20 metres of net pay at the Pweza-2 appraisal well on the block, located two kilometres from the Pweza discovery well.

BG Group's partner Ophir Energy, which holds a 40 per cent stake, said the pay zone was of excellent reservoir quality and pressure communication with Pweza-1 was confirmed.

The find has reportedly firmed up the resource estimate at Pweza, which currently stands at 48bn cubic metres of gross recoverable resources.

The Deepsea Metro 1 drillship is now expected to move onto the Pweza-3 appraisal well while a drill stem test is also planned on the discovery, BG Group said.

 

READ MORE...

Ophir Energy and BG Group discover gas offshore Tanzania

Alain Charles Publishing, University House, 11-13 Lower Grosvenor Place, London, SW1W 0EX, UK
T: +44 20 7834 7676, F: +44 20 7973 0076, W: www.alaincharles.com

twn Are you sure that you want to switch to desktop version?