Circle makes Moroccan gas find

CIRCLE OIL HAS confirmed a gas discovery in its Base Guebbas target in its Sebou permit, in Morocco’s Rharb basin.

The DRJ-6 exploration well, drilled in April 2009 and not tested at the time due to logistical problems, tested gas at a rate of 5.4mmcf of gas per day on a 26/64 inch choke.

While a full technical evaluation of all the results is underway, the well is being completed as a potential producer.

The company will move its drilling rig to the site of its KSR-10 well after bad weather caused some flooding in the permit area. It expects to store the rig for between two and three weeks before starting drilling on the KSR-11 exploration well.

Company chief executive Chris Green said the successful testing meant the first six wells drilled in the company’s first drilling campaign had come back with a 100 per cent success rate.

Circle has a 75 per cent stake in the concession agreement, with Moroccan state oil company Office National des Hydrocarbures et des Mines holds the remaining 25 per cent.

Alain Charles Publishing, University House, 11-13 Lower Grosvenor Place, London, SW1W 0EX, UK
T: +44 20 7834 7676, F: +44 20 7973 0076, W: www.alaincharles.com

twn Are you sure that you want to switch to desktop version?