Eni makes gas discovery in offshore Mozambique

EniEni has announced a natural gas discovery offshore Mozambique. (Image source: Eni)Italian oil and gas giant Eni has announced a large natural gas discovery in Area 4, offshore Mozambique

The company made the discovery at the Mamba North East 2 prospect in the eastern part of the block, which it has claimed would add at least 10 tcf of gas in place to Area 4.

The discovery marks the fifth exploration well to have been successfully drilled in Area 4, where at least 62 tcf of gas in place has already discovered in the block.

According to Eni, the Mamba North East 2 well, which is located 9km east of Mamba North East 1, encountered 200 metres of gas pay in stacked multiple high-quality Oligocene, Eocene and Paleocene sands.

The company will now conduct a production test on the well, which was drilled in 1,994 metres of water and reached total depth of 5,365 metres.

Operator Eni holds a 70 per cent participating interest in Area 4, with the remaining 30 per cent split equally between GalpEnergia, KOGAS and ENH 10.

Alain Charles Publishing, University House, 11-13 Lower Grosvenor Place, London, SW1W 0EX, UK
T: +44 20 7834 7676, F: +44 20 7973 0076, W: www.alaincharles.com

twn Are you sure that you want to switch to desktop version?