Kinetiko Energy spuds gas well in Mpumalanga

onshore rig 2Kinetiko Energy expects to complete drilling all three gas wells at its Amersfoort coalbed methane project by end of October 2013. (Image source: Lindsay Gira/Flickr) Australian explorer Kinetiko Energy said that it has spud a gas well at its Amersfoort coalbed methane project onshore Mpumalanga, South Africa

It is one of the three wells in its gas exploration campaign which Kinetiko Energy began in September 2013. The programme involves revisiting existing test locations on the project’s northern licence 56 ER that were not previously completed.

Kinetiko Energy operates the project with a 49 per cent interest, while its South African partner Badimo Gas holds the remaining 51 per cent stake.

“The drilling of KA-06PT has already encountered gas and expectations are for water pumping to commence shortly, leading to initial gas flows. The company will then move to determine additional gas flow rates and recoverability, which may allow us to define maiden reserves in Q1 2014,” Kinetiko Energy said in a statement.

Kinetiko Energy expects to complete drilling all three gas wells by end of October 2013. The company said it is also negotiating with many potential customers for supplying gas that is produced from 56 ER.

READ MORE...

Kinetiko Energy starts three-well gas exploration project

Alain Charles Publishing, University House, 11-13 Lower Grosvenor Place, London, SW1W 0EX, UK
T: +44 20 7834 7676, F: +44 20 7973 0076, W: www.alaincharles.com

twn Are you sure that you want to switch to desktop version?