Kinetiko Energy starts three-well gas exploration project

gas south africa-tom check flickrKinetiko Energy operates the project with a 49 per cent interest. (Image source: Tom Check/Flickr)Kinetiko Energy has announced that it has commenced a three-well gas exploration campaign at its Amersfoort coalbed methane project in South Africa

The programme involves revisiting existing test locations on the project’s northern licence 56 ER that were not previously completed, the Australia-based company said.

All three pilot test gas wells - KA-06PT, KA-03PT2 and KA-07PT - are scheduled to be drilled and tested by December 2013.

Kinetiko Energy said the work programme will include gas flow testing with the aim of booking additional resources and, potentially, maiden reserves.

The first well, KA-06PT, is located near the KA-06c exploration probe, which spontaneously flowed high levels of gas.

The second well, KA-03PT2, will be flow tested in conjunction with the previous KA-03PT pilot well, which flowed gas at a stabilised rate of 350,000 cubic feet per day in March 2013, the company said.

The KA-07PT well is expected to be drilled in an area where a previous pilot well collapsed in a zone of crumbling dolerites.

Kinetiko Energy operates the project with a 49 per cent interest with South African partner Badimo Gas holding the remaining 51 per cent.

Alain Charles Publishing, University House, 11-13 Lower Grosvenor Place, London, SW1W 0EX, UK
T: +44 20 7834 7676, F: +44 20 7973 0076, W: www.alaincharles.com

twn Are you sure that you want to switch to desktop version?