Sunbird Energy wins project management contract offshore South Africa

offshore southafrica-tom jervis wcThe Ibhubesi project lies on Block 2A, about 105km off the coast of the Northern Cape Province, offshore Orange Basin. (Image source: Tom Jervis/Wikimedia Commons)Wood Group Kenny has awarded an engineering and project management services contract to Sunbird Energy for its Ibhubesi Gas Project offshore South Africa

The total value of the contract has not been revealed yet.

The Ibhubesi project lies on Block 2A, about 105km off the coast of the Northern Cape Province, offshore Orange Basin.

The deal is likely to include a subsea gathering system, offshore processing facility, a 400km subsea pipeline and an onshore plant, with the field’s proven and probable reserves estimated at 15.2bn cubic metres.

The company added that approvals are already in place for drilling and development of the block, a 100km pipeline to Island Point and an onshore gas processing facility together with other associated infrastructure.

Alan Fotheringham, group managing director of Wood Group Kenny, said, “We are looking forward to working closely with the Sunbird Energy teams to achieve safe, sustainable solutions to develop the Ibhubesi gas field.”

Sunbird Energy holds a 76 per cent interest in Block 2A, with South African national oil company PetroSA holding the remaining 24 per cent interest. 

 

READ MORE...

US sanctions US$700,000 fund for offshore South Africa gas project

Alain Charles Publishing, University House, 11-13 Lower Grosvenor Place, London, SW1W 0EX, UK
T: +44 20 7834 7676, F: +44 20 7973 0076, W: www.alaincharles.com

twn Are you sure that you want to switch to desktop version?